[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class 0.07999_06 (aka 0.08 RC3) released

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 20:29:51 GMT 2007

On 6/14/07, Brandon Black <blblack at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/14/07, Hartmaier Alexander <Alexander.Hartmaier at t-systems.at> wrote:
> > I installed it on a prod box today and encountered a dbh leak.
> Does this happen in _06 only, or also _05 and earlier?  It would be

Ok after a long debugging session we found out that his code was
making lots of uneccesary connected $schema objects, and that it was a
good thing, because it made it obvious that _06 was leaking $dbh's
because of an unweakened circular reference between $storage and $dbh
through the HandleError closure.

[mst of course popped into this hour long conversation with like 2
lines of text and pointed us right at the circular reference problem,
which turned out to be the only thing broken on the DBIC side.]

The fix is in -current, we're still figuring out where we're going
from here wrt to the next RC release and/or 0.08 release, stay tuned
:)

-- Brandon