[Dbix-class] On the fly schema definition?

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Tue Mar 27 22:47:25 GMT 2007

My application will have some tables that include the date in the name,
and only exist for a period of a few days, after which time they will be
dropped.

eg: unique_user_view_20070327

The tables will be VERY simple in that they will have one primary key
column called "user_key".

How can I define the schema for these tables on the fly as needed?  I
obviously don't want to create physical schema files for them.

Secondarily, can I do the table creates and drops using DBIx::Class?
These would only need to happen once a day.

It seems like I should be able to do all of this with DBIx::Class, but
so far I have only really used it on a static schema for
selecting/inserting/updating/deleting, and am a little lost in all the
documentation.

Thanks!

--
Jim Spath