[Dbix-class] New Class::C3 dev releases

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Tue May 1 19:44:37 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I've pushed new dev releases of Class::C3 and Class::C3::XS out to
CPAN again.  The big changes are that they've both moved to
Module::Install (which I'm a little bit nervous about, having never
put together a Module::Install-based module before), and Class::C3::XS
now provides _calculate_method_dispatch_tables, which was one of the
bigger performance-eaters at load-time once calculateMRO was out out
of the way.

http://www.dtmf.com/Class-C3-XS-0.01_07.tar.gz
http://www.dtmf.com/Class-C3-0.15_06.tar.gz

Please give them a trial run and see whatever might still be broken.
I'd like to make them both real releases Real Soon Now.  With
Class::C3 itself, I'm mostly worried about not breaking it when used
without ::XS (and without blead).  If Class::C3::XS still has some
minor issues (like compiling/building on less-common setups), it's
probably not a big deal for its first release, seeing as it's
optional.

Also, if you haven't been watching p5p, the mro patch to Perl 5.9.5
that these Class::C3 dev releases support is official now (no
gaurantee it won't be ripped out before the 5.10 betas, but we're on
track for that not to happen I think).

-- Brandon