[Dbix-class] New Class::C3 dev releases

Josef Chladek josef.chladek at boerse-express.com
Wed May 2 09:22:21 GMT 2007

Am 01.05.2007 um 20:44 schrieb Brandon Black:

> Hi all,
>
> I've pushed new dev releases of Class::C3 and Class::C3::XS out to
> CPAN again.  The big changes are that they've both moved to
> Module::Install (which I'm a little bit nervous about, having never
> put together a Module::Install-based module before), and Class::C3::XS
> now provides _calculate_method_dispatch_tables, which was one of the
> bigger performance-eaters at load-time once calculateMRO was out out
> of the way.
>
> http://www.dtmf.com/Class-C3-XS-0.01_07.tar.gz
> http://www.dtmf.com/Class-C3-0.15_06.tar.gz
>
> Please give them a trial run and see whatever might still be broken.
> I'd like to make them both real releases Real Soon Now.  With
> Class::C3 itself, I'm mostly worried about not breaking it when used
> without ::XS (and without blead).  If Class::C3::XS still has some
> minor issues (like compiling/building on less-common setups), it's
> probably not a big deal for its first release, seeing as it's
> optional.

hmm, if I build with perl < 5.9, I had to correct the dependency
check for XS

         ($] < 5.009_005 ? ('Class::C3::XS' => '0.01_07') : ());

(was checking for 0.02)

otherwise builds fine and yep, there is another speed boost on perl <
5.9:

C3_old:    27s (without XS)
C3_xs:     20s (with XS previous version)
C3_xs_new: 13s (with XS 0.01_7)
C3_blead:  0.8s

thanks again!

josef