[Dbix-class] automatically applying db-functions on

quarky at quantentunnel.de quarky at quantentunnel.de
Tue May 8 08:15:54 GMT 2007

Thanks for the help you supplied so far. Now I have a solution that its easily, when I can emulate the aes_encrypt and aes_decrypt functions with perl modules or code. And I have a second solution that will just work with selects.

That does leave me with two unresolved problems:

1. If I use the select apporach I won't have a insert option.

2. If I use the InflateColumns I don't have any clue how to encrypt/decrypt with perl (which is probably off-topic for this mailing list anyway)

Probably my problem can best bes solved by just transporting the fields value unquoted down to SQL level or by tweaking the SQL just before it is handed over to the database.

During my pilgrimage with this problem I am more and more convinced, that I could not possibly be alone with this problem. Or is the desire to use native, proprietary SQL functions something that does not match with ORMs?