[Dbix-class] Problems with DBIx::Class and Template::Toolkit

Jonas B. Nielsen jonasbn at gmail.com
Tue May 8 09:20:02 GMT 2007

Hello,

I am experiencing some problems with DBIx::Class and
Template::Toolkit and my workarounds lead to unnessesary and ugly
bodies of code.

I am using MIME::Lite::TT::HTML in conjunction with DBIx::Class.

I am parsing an order object to: MIME::Lite::TT::HTML and everything
works fine for some of the order attributes, but when I have a look
at the orderlines associated
with the order, I do not get all the necessary data.

     my %params = (
         customer => $member,
         order    => $order,
     );

order.id gets shown and I then do a FOREACH in the template to
iterate over the orderlines:

[% FOREACH orderline = order.orderlines %]

This gives me: orderline.label

But the moment I start digging into the object structure I do not get
any data:

Examples:

orderline.carticle.carticles2prices.first.price
orderline.vat.rate

My orderlines.t show perfect data for the same syntax in Perl land,
but in TT nothing.

I will gladly provide a working demonstration of my problem, but for
know I just need to hear if any of you have some pointers to
solutions to this problem, before spending too much time attempting
to isolate this.

jonasbn