[Dbix-class] New module for DBIx::Class (Store many columns in one)

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue May 8 21:04:29 GMT 2007

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 11:05:38PM +0300, Oleg Pronin wrote:
> Hi. I'm new to this list.
> I wrote a module for DBIC (DBIx::Class::FrozenColumns) that i think may be
> useful.
> My english is not good enough so please sorry for POD.
>
> This module allows you to store a number of virtual columns in a real column
> (or another virtual) and use them as if they were normal columns.

Why treat these as proper columns rather than defining a separate accessor
group for them?

The DBIC approach is that anything that goes through get/set_column should be
a real database column (or at least for read-only resultset column), always.

--
     Matt S Trout        Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
  Technical Director     Want a managed development or deployment platform?