[Dbix-class] TODO lists for the current branch?

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 21:11:51 GMT 2007

--- Jess Robinson <castaway at desert-island.me.uk>
wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, John Napiorkowski wrote:
>

> > I could do with some help writing test cases in
> bulk_create though :)
> >
> > ====
> > I'd be happy to help write some test cases since
> this is something my ability level can handle but I
> can't seem to find a method called 'bulk_create'
> anywhere in -current. I'm assuming that you are
> developing this in the branch called bulk_create but
> please let me know and I'll see if I can assist
> meaningfully.
> > ====
> >

> Yes, it's the branch.. I hope that was obvious.
>
> It's trying to make the syntax:
>
> ->create({
>     name => 'foo',
>     rel_obj => {
>       relcol => 'bar'
>                },
>           });
>
> work.. we need tests for find_and_create,
> create_related etc.
>
> Jess
>

> PS: Please get a mail client that knows that email
> should be wrapped to 79
> chars..

I think it's the Yahoo Beta that was causing that
email trouble.  I can't figure out how to make it
properly quote returned responses and so forth.

I checked in an update to the test file I find for
this that tested create_related.  When you get a
moment could you let me know if more of this sort of
thing is useful or if I'm not getting it.

When I ran the tests I had to comment out temporarily
the previous test for find_and_create which doesn't
seem to work for me.  Should it?

Also I found something strange that I tried to
highlight in the test.  I noticed that I would get a
strange SQLite error when trying the following:

my $cd_result =
$schema->resultset('Artist')->first->create_related('cds',
{...});

but not if I use a two line form of this:

my $artist = $schema->resultset('Artist')->first;
my $cd_result = $artist->create_related('cds', {...});

I did a braindead repeat of my test in the commit I
made to show this problem, but I'm not sure if this is
trouble with this branch or something more general to
DBIx::Class.  I'll try playing with similar syntax in
current and see what happens.

--John