[Dbix-class] Re: OT: DBIC at search.cpan messed up?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed May 9 16:29:18 GMT 2007

On 09/05/07, A. Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> wrote:
> * Christopher H. Laco <claco at chrislaco.com> [2007-05-09 15:00]:
> > So what's an UNAUTHORIZED dist again? It's not explained...and
> > it's not consistant...so it's worthless confusing information.
>
> Not quite.
>
> But apparently it's buggy. Releases uploaded under a PAUSE ID
> that does not have `first-come` or `modulelist` permissions for
> that namespace are considered UNAUTHORIZED. So far that's fine,
> but releases uploaded under PAUSE IDs with `co-maint` for a
> namespace also *also* considered UNAUTHORISED, which is wrong.
>
> That is what happened to HTML-Widget – the latest version is
> uploaded by CFRANKS who is only co-maint on HTML::Widget.

Is that definitely what's happening?

When I upload new releases of HTML-Widget, the pause indexer returns
an error because I don't have co-maint on all of the sub-modules.
I had thought the UNAUTHORISED message was related to that.

For example, the latest release returned errors for the following modules:
HTML::Widget::Constraint::AllOrNone
HTML::Widget::Constraint::DependOn
HTML::Widget::Constraint::In
HTML::Widget::Element::RadioGroup
HTML::Widget::Element::Reset
I've just done a cpan search for those, and they return v1.05 by Jess
Robinson, so I'm guessing that they were claimed 'first-come' by Jess
when she uploaded a dist, and the error's occuring because I've only
had co-maint added for the modules which sri owned.

Carl