[Dbix-class] Re: OT: DBIC at search.cpan messed up?

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Wed May 9 16:42:16 GMT 2007

* Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> [2007-05-09 17:35]:
> On 09/05/07, A. Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> wrote:
> >Not quite.
> >
> >But apparently it's buggy. Releases uploaded under a PAUSE ID
> >that does not have `first-come` or `modulelist` permissions for
> >that namespace are considered UNAUTHORIZED. So far that's fine,
> >but releases uploaded under PAUSE IDs with `co-maint` for a
> >namespace also *also* considered UNAUTHORISED, which is wrong.
> >
> >That is what happened to HTML-Widget – the latest version is
> >uploaded by CFRANKS who is only co-maint on HTML::Widget.
>
> Is that definitely what's happening?
>
> When I upload new releases of HTML-Widget, the pause indexer returns
> an error because I don't have co-maint on all of the sub-modules.
> I had thought the UNAUTHORISED message was related to that.

Ahhh. I looked around for a while and found that all modules that
were uploaded by a `first-come` or `modulelist` IDs were shown as
correct and all modules that were uploaded by `co-maint` IDs were
shown as UNAUTHORISED. So I concluded that no black swans exist.

D’uh.

What you are saying (that it shows up if *any* of the contained
namespaces aren’t authorised for that PAUSE ID) makes more sense.

Of course I don’t *know* if either of these explanations is the
correct one.

Regards,