[Dbix-class] Re: How to grep field types?

RA Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Fri May 11 14:57:23 GMT 2007

Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 01:10:52PM +0100, RA Jones wrote:
>
>> <...>
>>
>> which is why I wanted to use the $form object originally, as that
>> contains the combined fields from both Schemas.
>>

> Well if you wanted to do that, why did you ask on the DBIx::Class list?

Because I looked through all the CGI::FormBuilder docs, and couldn't see
anything resembling column_info (except for defining field_types in the
first place). Whereas in dumping the ResultSet I _could_. I thought I
might be able to use a DBIC method to get at the column_info for fields
defined in the formbuilder object.
> I've never used FormBuilder in my life ... maybe http://www.formbuilder.org/
> would be more enlightening?

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't either, as it's giving me as much grief
in development than anything I've used before. I ditched HTML::Widget in
favour of it. I did use Data::FormValidator via the
CGI::Application::Plugin::ValidateRM, which was nice. What do you use
for form building/validating (or don't you do that sort of thing)?
--
Richard Jones

This message  may  contain  confidential  and  privileged information.
If you are not  the intended  recipient please  accept our  apologies.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute  information in this e-mail
or take any  action in reliance on its  contents: to do so is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has
gone  astray  before  deleting it.  Thank  you for  your co-operation.

NHSmail is used daily by over 100,000 staff in the NHS. Over a million
messages  are sent every day by the system.  To find  out why more and
more NHS personnel are  switching to  this NHS  Connecting  for Health
system please visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail