[Dbix-class] bulk_create branch updated

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 16:47:23 GMT 2007

--- John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I checked in an update to the bulk_create branch
> that
> basically seems to do the job (calls create in array
> context, but bulk_insert in void context) although
> I'm
> not sure if this is much more efficient.  I have to
> call bulk insert for each nested relationship, for
> example.  Also I run a bunch of nasty maps to
> convert
> and merge some data structures.  So I'm hoping to
> gather some feedback.
>
> I also still need to clean up the indenting to
> conform
> to coding standards.  I'll do that when we all think
> the code is doing what we want.
>
> Thanks!
> --John

Hey,

I added some more tests and cleaned the code up.
Right now I'm getting a failed test for 94versioning.t
but I get that failure off of current as well so I
don't think it's something I did, more likely my
setup.  The error I get is:

perl t/94versioning.t
1..6
ok 1 - use DBICVersionOrig;
No previous version found, calling deploy to install
this version.
ok 2 - Filename creation working
ok 3 - Created DDL file
ok 4 - Created schema from DDL file
Versions out of sync. This is 2.0, your database
contains version 1.0, please call upgrade on your
Schema.
Diff: t/var/DBICVersion-Schema-1.0-2.0-SQLite.sql:
SQLite, t/var, 2.0, 1.0
ok 5 - Created DDL upgrade file
Upgrade not possible, no upgrade file found
(t/var/DBICVersion-Schema-1.0-2.000-SQLite.sql)
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
/home/john/Desktop/branch/lib//DBIx/Class/Schema/Versioned.pm
line 184.
# Looks like you planned 6 tests but only ran 5.
# Looks like your test died just after 5.

Should I be getting that or is this a problem?

--john