[Dbix-class] ROLLBACK seems to be skipped on 0.08

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.com
Sat Oct 20 18:57:46 GMT 2007

>I feel "safer" with manually controlling the transactions. I may just
>need to get to work with txn_do() so I can adjust my feelings :-)

It's okay if you always get the code right. If you forget a commit you can
get lock escalation or deadlocks with some databases :-(  That's why people
prefer autocommit on with explicit lock blocks when required.
A side point, SQLite is much, much faster at inserts when wrapped in a
txn_do()... txn_commit() block through DBIC.

Regards, Peter
www.dragonstaff.com