[Dbix-class] ROLLBACK seems to be skipped on 0.08

Jesper Krogh jesper at krogh.cc
Sat Oct 20 19:20:51 GMT 2007

Peter Edwards wrote:
>> I feel "safer" with manually controlling the transactions. I may just
>> need to get to work with txn_do() so I can adjust my feelings :-)
>
> It's okay if you always get the code right. If you forget a commit you can
> get lock escalation or deadlocks with some databases :-(  That's why people
> prefer autocommit on with explicit lock blocks when required.
> A side point, SQLite is much, much faster at inserts when wrapped in a
> txn_do()... txn_commit() block through DBIC.

I also intentionally close the db-connection pre-request from Catalyst,
that may be the reason why I never stumbled upon that problem.

In this application the "web-authenticated-user" is also the
"database-user", so a "connection per request" is required.

(Or at least I havent seen how to change the user over the same
connection in PostgreSQL).

Jesper
Jesper Krogh, jesper at krogh.cc