[Dbix-class] Read Only DB - SQLite

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Sep 15 19:55:05 GMT 2007

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 05:32:30PM +0100, Anthony Gardner wrote:
> After a loooooong break from all things DBIC, I'm now looking to get back into it but have come up against some strange problems.
>
> While running as a web application, I get the following error even though I made the db rw
>
> DBIx::Class::Schema::populate(): DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::st execute failed: unable to open database file(1) at dbdimp.c line 402 [for Statement "INSERT INTO user_profiles (address_line_1, address_line_2, address_number, company_name, email, first_name_contact, phone, postcode, surname_contact, town) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)"]

It says "unable to open" entirely. I'd suspect either the parent dir
permissions are wrong or your app isn't running as the user you think it is.

Judicious use of -r $db and -w $db may help debug this.

> What I find strange also, is the order of the fields in the error message. They don;t match the order of the schema declaration nor the order in DBIC's populate

Insert stuff is flattened from a hashref so you get hash key ordering, I think.

I suspect the alphabeticality is merely a side-effect.