[Dbix-class] Re: [rt.cpan.org #35266] installs failed

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Apr 22 14:04:03 BST 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:53:16PM -0400, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> Dave Howorth via RT wrote:
> >Mon Apr 21 12:19:24 2008: Request 35266 was acted upon.
> >Transaction: Ticket created by DJH
> >       Queue: DBIx-Class-UUIDColumns
> >     Subject: installs failed
> >   Broken in: 0.02003
> >    Severity: Important
> >       Owner: Nobody
> >  Requestors: djh at cpan.org
> > Ticket <URL: http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=35266 >
> >

> >I just tried to install the module on two machines. Both failed, with
> >apparently different faults:
> >
> >=======
> >m/c 1 :
> >=======
> >
> >There appears to be an undeclared dependency on a particular version of
> >SQL::Translator:
> >

> [snip]
>
> >t/uuid.............DBIx::Class::Schema::deploy(): Can't deploy without
> >SQL::Translator 0.08: 'SQL::Translator version 0.08 required--this is
> >only version 0.07 at (eval 164) line 2.
> >BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 164) line 2.
> >' at t/lib/DBIC/Test.pm line 66
> ># No tests run!
> >t/uuid.............dubious
> >        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
> >DIED. FAILED tests 1-13
> >        Failed 13/13 tests, 0.00% okay
>
> Thank you for filing a bug report. Please see this link for history on
> the matter:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dbix-class@lists.rawmode.org/msg03700.html
>
> I declare this NMB: Not My Bug. DBIC deploy() is bailing on a version
> requirement not listed in its Makefile.PL, thus making installation of
> any dist that uses deploy() for its tests impossible. I see this same
> failure message on the DigestColumns dist as well.

This -is- your bug.

the DBIx::Class tests themselves run fine without SQL::Translator because
they provide a DDL file; deploy() only needs SQLT on the *build* side to
generate that file originally, which is why it's not marked as a dependency
on the DBIx::Class dist itself.

Please fix UUIDColumns' tests.