[Dbix-class] Configuration query - Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 1 17:21:52 BST 2008

2008/7/31 Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk>:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 03:50:40PM +0100, Dermot wrote:
>> > that explains __HOME__ versus path_to.
>>
>> It would be useful to know where these vars are documented.
>
> In the COnfigLoader docs like everything related to your config file.
>
> You'll find there's an __path_to(...)__ one that will solve your db
> file location problem.
>
>> > my key point was "put the connect_info in the right damn place".
>>
>> I hear you. I have been trying. I did manage to get my import script
>> to work with
>>
>> <MyApp::Model::MyAppDB>
>>   connect_info   dbi:SQLite:__HOME__/motion.db
>> #  connect_info   SQLITE NoUser
>> <MyApp::Model::MyAppDB>
>>
>> Once I used the fully qualified the name to my model.
>
> That's completely wrong. That's still a no-op.
>
> I told you how it works. Please actually try that.

Gosh that was painfull!

Okay I think I got it.

<Model::MyAppDB>
   connect_info dbi:SQLite:data.db
   connect_info dummy_name
</Model>

Without the 2nd entry it throws up a "Can't use string ... as an ARRAY
ref." error. Now I see why you had the "dummy_username"

With that in place, I have been able to comment out the connect_info
in MyApp/Model/MyAddDB.pm

This is all fine when running under ./script/myapp_server -d -r

Under fastCGI, connect_info requires __HOME__/data.db

Sorry if I've been an air head. In the end it was far simpler than it
seemed and I haven't needed to use
Dp.