[Dbix-class] Configuration query - Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sun Aug 3 13:08:22 BST 2008

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 05:21:52PM +0100, Dermot wrote:
> Okay I think I got it.
>
> <Model::MyAppDB>
>    connect_info dbi:SQLite:data.db
>    connect_info dummy_name
> </Model>

I don't think that's actually valid. You want either

<Model MyAppDB>
</Model>

or

<Model::MyAppDB>
</Model::MyAppDB>

> Without the 2nd entry it throws up a "Can't use string ... as an ARRAY
> ref." error. Now I see why you had the "dummy_username"

Yep.

> Under fastCGI, connect_info requires __HOME__/data.db

or __path_to(data.db)__ as I suggested about three emails back.

> Sorry if I've been an air head. In the end it was far simpler than it
> seemed

Yep. So now you pay back by writing either a doc patch or a wiki page
making sure it seems simple and obvious to the next person, please.

I still can't quite work out how you managed to get so confused, so you
need to work out how you did and what needs changing to fix that for
the next newbie with the same sort of thought process as you.