[Dbix-class] rfc, re 2nd draft of my OSCON/YAPC talk proposal on Muldis D/DB

Mon Feb 4 09:45:52 GMT 2008

At 9:03 AM +0000 2/4/08, Richard Jolly wrote:
>On 4 Feb 2008, at 03:22, Darren Duncan wrote:
>>Note that the proposal is intentionally more marketing-driven, for
>>grabbing people's attention, than ordinary documentation.
>
>You might mention C. Date or Tutorial D. It's likely that some of
>your potential audience have read a the third manifesto or Database
>In Depth and liked them, but not thought there were any practical
>implementations.

Richard,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I went and added a couple sentences about this to the end of the
longer Abstract.  So the web copy you saw has that now.

However there was no room to say anything in the short marketing
blurb.  That said, the fact the name of my language (and the talk)
contains "D" as a word was intentional as per TTM's "D language", so
people that are familiar with the works you mention may notice it.

Maybe if I'm lucky, the longer Abstract would also be published where
attendees can see it (the longer one is otherwise just seen by the
proposal reviewers), and not just the short marketing piece.

Worst case, a copy of the whole proposal (the text document you saw)
will be distributed with Muldis DB indefinitely, under the archive/
docs subfolder.

>I think the proposal is excellent. I'd certainly attend if I could make OSCON.

I also hope to give it at other conferences over time, such as YAPC
NA 2008, in the month before OSCON 2008.  And I plan to post my
slides et al on the web as per Tim Bunce's Advanced DBI talks.  Or
other people could even give the same talk, if they understand the
material well enough.

Thank you. -- Darren Duncan