[Dbix-class] What would cause has_many relation accessor to query and return objects using the wrong table/class ?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 15:49:16 BST 2008

Hi All,

I have a peculiar problem.

I've defined a bunch of has_many relations, but when I call them an
object they use the it's own table and class...

i.e.
---
package CustomField;

__PACKAGE__->has_many(custom_field_values => 'CustomFieldValue', {
'foreign.custom_field_id' => 'self.custom_field_id' });
----

yet when I call custom_field_values on a CustomField object I get
CustomField objects back, and it queries the custom_field rather than
custom_field_value table.

No warnings, just the wrong query and wrong object.

I've checked the definitiions of the related classes, they are all
fine and correct, how on earth can has_many get as confused as this ?

Any idea what could be causing this ?

Cheers,

A.

--