[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Schema->deploy and ORACLE woes

Jess Robinson castaway at desert-island.me.uk
Mon Jun 30 20:55:01 BST 2008

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008, Doug Scoular wrote:

>> So you're running an SQL::Translator from September 2007 when the last
>> release was 0.09000 in February. Please update your CPAN modules again
>> and this time check they're actually up to date afterwards :)
>>

>   Doh! I'm a fool! I thought I'd upgraded both DBIx::Class
>   and SQL::Translator but somehow I only did DBIx::Class.
>
>   The ORACLE DDL now generates perfectly without the
>   need for cascade_copy => 0.
>
>   The only remaining problem is that the tables are generated
>   in alphabetical order which causes forward referencing problems
>   so I have to manually edit the sql... no biggie... but I just wondered
>   if there was a way to control the order of the tables output ?

The other producers in SQL::Translator have code that turns off constraint
checking. Then it can just deploy the tables in any old order.

Can Oracle do anything like that?

Otherwise we'd need some magic to figure out the best order, or, as you
say, a way to pass in a list of table names.

Currently SQLT doesn't do either, I'd welcome patches though ;)

Jess