[Dbix-class] Plug for DBICx::AutoDoc - Documentation of DBIx::Class schemas

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri May 9 13:57:21 BST 2008

Google says this hasn't been mentioned on this list before, so I through
I would rectify that mistake...

A while back there was a thread on the list "Documentation of
DBIx::Class schemas" - see
     http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2007-November/005307.html

Jason Kohles mentioned he was about to release a module/tool that would
do something like PostgreSQL Autodoc but against DBIx::Class schemas,
and then it all went quiet....

Meanwhile Jason released DBICx::AutoDoc - cunningly changing the name so
that a CPAN search missed it.

I had a look today and its a nice tool - both a module and a CLI app
interface, producing good HTML descriptions of the tables via TT so you
can customise if you wish. It also produces dot processed diagrams of
the Schema/Tables and Class relationships (requiring very large pieces
of paper or trivial DBs).

I think its well worth a look - see
     http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBICx-AutoDoc/

     Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]