[Dbix-class] Patch roundup time, again.

Marc Mims marc at questright.com
Sun Oct 5 22:43:21 BST 2008

* Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> [081005 14:30]:
> Can somebody also go through rt.cpan.org and work out if there's
> anything on there we need to apply as well?

I can provide a patch to close RT #21260: Problem with last_insert_rowid:
http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2008-October/006843.html

I would do so by adding a warning to _rebless if the backend can't be
determined or if there is no DBIC extension for it then punting with a
DBI call to last_insert_id, passing the table and column.

That isn't guaranteed to work since last_insert_id is handled
differently by different backends.  But at least it wouldn't die the way
it does, now.

See my notes here:
http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2008-October/006843.html

	-Marc