[Dbix-class] install test failures

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 7 15:35:12 BST 2008

Dave Howorth wrote:
> The test uses this regex: qr/No such column made_up_column .*? at
> .*?81transactions.t line \d+/,
>
> I'm not clear why it needs to use such a complicated regex instead of
> just qr/No such column made_up_column/ ?
>
> I also don't understand why it doesn't need a /s modifier but I tried
> adding one and it didn't fix it so clearly I'm not thinking straight!

OK. Adding a /s modifier does fix the problem. My earlier failure was
finger trouble.

So I now believe I know why the test fails. And I can suggest the two
possible solutions above BUT:

(1) I don't know how the test passes for anybody!? and
(2) I don't know why the test is written as it is so I'm reluctant to
propose a change.

Thoughts?

Cheers, Dave