[Dbix-class] install test failures

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+list at rabbit.us
Tue Oct 7 15:44:46 BST 2008

Dave Howorth wrote:
>> The test uses this regex: qr/No such column made_up_column .*? at
>> .*?81transactions.t line \d+/,
>>
>> I'm not clear why it needs to use such a complicated regex instead of
>> just qr/No such column made_up_column/ ?
>>
>> I also don't understand why it doesn't need a /s modifier but I tried
>> adding one and it didn't fix it so clearly I'm not thinking straight!
>
> OK. Adding a /s modifier does fix the problem. My earlier failure was
> finger trouble.
>
> So I now believe I know why the test fails. And I can suggest the two
> possible solutions above BUT:
>
> (1) I don't know how the test passes for anybody!? and
> (2) I don't know why the test is written as it is so I'm reluctant to
> propose a change.

When I deliberately break the regex here, I get:

found: DBIx::Class::Exception (DBIx::Class::ResultSet::create(): No such
column made_up_column on DBICTest::Artist at t/81transactions.t line 257

both for make test and make disttest. The only thing I can think of is
that your Carp::Clan is too old and does not properly exclude DBIC from
the cluck() stack trace.