[Dbix-class] t/92storage_on_connect_do.t

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 11:35:21 BST 2008

I wrote:
> I'm having trouble with this test as well :(
> (2) The POD for on_connect_do in DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI says
> So it seems the code has got ahead of the documentation.
>
> And that brings us to the last oddity, which appears to be the cause of
> my problem, but again my brain is struggling with why the test doesn't
> fail for everybody?
> So is the test wrong, or the module, or is my brain fried?

I've done a bit more investigation on this. Looking at the code & POD
more closely, it's not just a case of the code getting ahead of the POD.
The POD has had useful information removed ("-This can be set to an
arrayref containing ...") and the code now contradicts the POD ("its
return value is ignored" vs $action = $action->($self);)

So I'm more confused than ever about what is supposed to happen. I
haven't found any real-world examples of how this feature is used in the
distro. Does anybody know of any?

The relevant changes appear to be #3697, #3700, #3705 around Aug 21.

As well as my machine with perl 5.8.6 I've run it on one with 5.8.8 and
see the same test failure.

Can anybody please confirm whether they see this failure or not?

Thanks, Dave