[Dbix-class] t/92storage_on_connect_do.t

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 16:55:53 BST 2008

Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> Well this would explain the long traces for one.

Good point - well spotted.

> So the right way to fix the warning tests is to determine if we are
> in debug mode and match accordingly. I don't think it is wise to just
> expand the regexes, since seeing full traces when they are not
> requested IS a bug. I can take a stab at this early next week if no
> one else fixes it before that.

There's another possible strategy, which is to control debug mode in the
tests. Basically, run the tests twice. That seems necessary to expose
broken code paths like the one in DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI I appear to
have just found. But I guess it all depends how comprehensive the tests
are supposed to be.

> Out of curiosity - why are you running the test in debug mode?

I set it when I was trying to find out why t/61findnot.t was failing.

Cheers, Dave