[Dbix-class] '+select'/'+as' is broken when chaining resultsets

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+list at rabbit.us
Tue Oct 28 13:00:01 GMT 2008

BUCHMULLER Norbert wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:26:52 +0100 BUCHMULLER Norbert
> <norbi.lists at nix.hu> wrote:
>
> Sorry, I sent it too early by accident.

>>> These tests go into t/76retrieve.t (new file)
>> Done (see the new patch).
>
> like the other tests in that file. Just it has to be reformulated like the
> other tests for '+select'/'+as' in that file.

You are missing the point - this .t file does _not_ test search
attributes. It tests ResultsetColumn functionality. We are discussing
the merits of the issues you brought up on IRC. Still what you want (the
retrieval part to work correctly) can be tested both on a
ResultSetColumn _and_ on a regular object. For simplicity I am asking
you to add this to a new test file, and keep the two issues separate.

Also please show us the patch :)