[Dbix-class] '+select'/'+as' is broken when chaining resultsets

BUCHMULLER Norbert norbi.lists at nix.hu
Tue Oct 28 13:28:46 GMT 2008

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:00:01 +0100 Peter Rabbitson
<rabbit+list at rabbit.us> wrote:

> You are missing the point - this .t file does _not_ test search
> attributes. It tests ResultsetColumn functionality. We are discussing
> the merits of the issues you brought up on IRC.

OK, now I see. I simply did not even think that there's no test case for
these select() attributes for the retrieval case. (I started with "ack
'\+select' t/", and assumed that the only match is what I'm looking
for.:-)

> Still what you want (the retrieval part to work correctly) can be
> tested both on a ResultSetColumn _and_ on a regular object. For
> simplicity I am asking you to add this to a new test file, and keep the
> two issues separate.

OK.

> Also please show us the patch :)

See the attached file. I also copied all the tests for '+select'/'+as'
from t/88result_set_column.t, as those were missing as well, if I
understand what you wrote.

Let me know what else I should change. (Sorry, I don't use an IRC client
nowadays, so I cannot join the discussion there.)

norbi