[Dbix-class] InflateColumn with objects external to the database (like InflateColumn::FS)

Francesc Romà i Frigolé francesc.roma+dbix at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 11:17:07 GMT 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 1:42 AM, Marc Mims <marc at questright.com> wrote:

> I've committed an update with a working copy method and a fix for a
> previously reported infinite recursion bug introduced with the addition
> of fs_new_on_update.
> http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/svnweb/bast/revision?rev=3D5891

I did a quick test of the latest svn version with my application which uses
InflateColumn::FS. I removed the workarounds for the infinite recursion and
everything seems to work fine. In particular, objects with an fs_column are
copied properly when they belong to another row. This is the case that used
to fail and made me report the copy() bug, I had a relationship like
library->has_many( books ) where books had and fs_column, and it didn't work
properly when I did library->copy.

> I also removed DBIx::Class::UUIDColumns as a base class.  I still 'use'
> it for its get_uuid method, but inheritance was probably not the right
> way to accomplish that.

Thanks for doing this, the code looks much safer to me now :)

> Whether ::FS can rely less on DBIC internals is still an issue open for
> discussion.

maybe we should propose a path to DBIC::Row or DBIC::InflateColumn to spark
such discussion...

Francesc