[Dbix-class] InflateColumn with objects external to the database (like InflateColumn::FS)

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Apr 20 13:06:45 GMT 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 01:17:07PM +0200, Francesc Romà i Frigolé wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 1:42 AM, Marc Mims <marc at questright.com> wrote:
> > I also removed DBIx::Class::UUIDColumns as a base class.  I still 'use'
> > it for its get_uuid method, but inheritance was probably not the right
> > way to accomplish that.
>
> Thanks for doing this, the code looks much safer to me now :)

How about factoring out ::UUIDSupport ? I almost wonder if that's a useful
non-DBIC class, Any::UUID or something ...

> > Whether ::FS can rely less on DBIC internals is still an issue open for
> > discussion.
>
> maybe we should propose a path to DBIC::Row or DBIC::InflateColumn to spark
> such discussion...

You just missed 08100 for adding features. I'd say hang fire and let's look
at how to make this trivial in 09 rather than add extra stuff we'll need to
keep compatibility with, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.