[Dbix-class] ANN - SQLite 3.6.8 adds nested transactions

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Tue Jan 13 04:41:44 GMT 2009

Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Darren Duncan wrote:
>> The SQLite DBMS, as of the new version 3.6.8, now has nested
>> transaction support.
>>
> The announcement is good news, but one wonders how long we'll wait to
> see the feature supported in DBD::SQLite for Perl.. I think it's still
> using version 3.4.2 of SQLite, from quite some time back!
> (You can get it to compile against a more recent local version of
> SQLite, but regular users will not have done that, so you can't really
> use those features and expect them to work with your end-users.)

About that, I just contacted Audrey T and Matt S about updating their flavors of
DBD::SQLite to include 3.6.8.  Audrey's ::Amalgamation is up to 3.6.1 at least.

I even offered to co-maintain if necessary, though I have little C experience
right now and any update I hack together for CPAN can't be considered more than
experimental quality.  Anyone else here with the C-fu want to step up and help
if necessary?

Note that I was also thinking about the fact that 1.14 is known in some circles
to have introduced bugs that 1.13 didn't have, so being able to address this
would take more C-fu than simply updating the SQLite source files.

-- Darren Duncan