[Dbix-class] ANN - SQLite 3.6.8 adds nested transactions

John Siracusa siracusa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:20:38 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Darren Duncan <darren at darrenduncan.net> wrote:
> Note that I was also thinking about the fact that 1.14 is known in some
> circles to have introduced bugs that 1.13 didn't have, so being able to
> address this would take more C-fu than simply updating the SQLite source
> files.

Both DBD::SQLite 1.13 and DBD::SQLite 1.14 have bugs that prevent the
Rose::DB::Object test suite from passing.  (I'd link to one, but
rt.cpan.org seems unresponsive at the moment.)  In fact, the only
versions that the test suite will even attempt to use are 1.12 and
1.13, which are from 2005 and 2006, respectively.  So, basically,
DBD::SQLite has been broken for a long time--years!--and desperately
needs some attention from a knowledgeable C/XS programmer.

-John