[Dbix-class] ANN - SQLite 3.6.8 adds nested transactions

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Wed Jan 14 00:21:34 GMT 2009

John Siracusa wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Darren Duncan <darren at darrenduncan.net> wrote:
>> Note that I was also thinking about the fact that 1.14 is known in some
>> circles to have introduced bugs that 1.13 didn't have, so being able to
>> address this would take more C-fu than simply updating the SQLite source
>> files.
>
> Both DBD::SQLite 1.13 and DBD::SQLite 1.14 have bugs that prevent the
> Rose::DB::Object test suite from passing.  (I'd link to one, but
> rt.cpan.org seems unresponsive at the moment.)  In fact, the only
> versions that the test suite will even attempt to use are 1.12 and
> 1.13, which are from 2005 and 2006, respectively.  So, basically,
> DBD::SQLite has been broken for a long time--years!--and desperately
> needs some attention from a knowledgeable C/XS programmer.

The disconnection code is borked too; if you connect, do some work with
statement handles, and disconnect again, and then repeat many times in
the same process, you'll crash out eventually.

The annoying thing is that there are trivial patches on rt.cpan.org to
fix it, and they've been there for ages, and they aren't getting applied. :(

Do you know if Audrey's fork has fixes applied, or is it just simply an
upgraded-to-version-3.6 thing?

Toby