[Dbix-class] London Perl Mongers Article "What's Wrong with ORM"

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Mon Mar 2 12:10:07 GMT 2009

Jonathan Yu wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Just wondering what all of your thoughts are with respect to this
> article: http://dave.org.uk/talks/lpm/2006/orm/

Note that it's from 2006. I retired that talk after I gave it at the
Birmingham YAPC and had most of the audience telling me that I was out
of date as DBIx::Class could already do pretty much everything on my list.

> I think the thing about constraints is important. Is it possible to
> implement custom constraints on data? What I mean is, parse the
> constraint from the SQL database, and then use that to validate data
> prior to INSERTs and UPDATEs? Then you could validate data before it
> even enters the database.

But, if DBIx::Class can't already do that then I'd _love_ to see it :)

Cheers,

Dave...