[Dbix-class] Filtering with Many-to-Many relationship

Oleg Kostyuk cub.uanic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 13:25:18 GMT 2009

We have several tags, so we need make several lookups into tags table,
for translate tag to tag_id - for me this is obvious. I don't said
that my solution is best, but it's working, and this it's main
advantage. My solution will be fast, because it make lookups only
through primary keys. Of course, my solution is not ideal, but I don't
have such intentions - make it ideal. It's just response to concrete
question from topic starter.

>From other hand, your solution use something unknown operation XOR.
Where is manual for XOR in SQL standart?. Seems that XOR is
implemented in MS-SQL, but this is DBIx::Class mailing list, not
MS-SQL. Your solution use DISTINCT for unknown reasons. Even if it
will be working - it will never be fast.

I hope that topic starter will be glad to see some useful response. If
personally you want to see something better, then you can hire me :)

--
Sincerely yours,
Oleg Kostyuk (CUB-UANIC)