[Dbix-class] InflateColumn::Markup::Unified inflates columns that use a markup language

Jose Luis Martinez jlmartinez-lists-dbix at capside.com
Wed Sep 30 07:59:28 GMT 2009

Hi,

Nice module!

> Anyway, I'd really like to get any ideas, suggestions and complaints you
> may have. If you want support for another markup language, I'll be glad
> to add it.

My two suggestions:

1 - I would make the "column to get the markup language from"
configurable. It seems like it can only be called 'markup_lang'.

2- I see that the Markup::Unified module requires, uses, and makes an
instance of the three markup modules that are supported. IMHO, I don't
think this is a good long-term strategy if you are willing to support
more modules because:
  - If you only want to use one markup_lang, you have to install all, or
the module fails to load.
  - People have to "bug" you, as the maintainer of the module to get
their markup language supported by Markup::Unified.
  - All markup modules will be loaded although the application will
maybe need only one.

Please take a look at how DBIx::Class::EncodedColumn,
DBIx::Class::UUIDColumns and DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::Serializer do
it. If you need help, I'd be glad to provide it to you.

Just my 2 cents,

Jose Luis Martinez
jlmartinez at capside.com