[Dbix-class] InflateColumn::Markup::Unified inflates columns that use a markup language

Bernhard Graf dbic4 at augensalat.de
Wed Sep 30 10:45:28 GMT 2009

Jose Luis Martinez schrieb:

> 2- I see that the Markup::Unified module requires, uses, and makes an
> instance of the three markup modules that are supported. IMHO, I don't
> think this is a good long-term strategy if you are willing to support
> more modules because:
>  - If you only want to use one markup_lang, you have to install all, or
> the module fails to load.
>  - People have to "bug" you, as the maintainer of the module to get
> their markup language supported by Markup::Unified.
>  - All markup modules will be loaded although the application will maybe
> need only one.

That's a good point!
So Markup::Unified should be a universal markup class, that provides
methods to build and to traverse a markup object.

Then it would need Markup::Unified::Parser::* and
Markup::Unified::Formatter::* classes for all kind of input and output
formats. Those modules could be distributed seperatly.

Sounds like a big challenge. :-)
But I would estimate a certain amount of interest from wiki-application-
implementors for such a beast - if there is not already one out.

I think this is is getting a bit OT...