[Dbix-class] DBIC + Validator back again
uk.lists at fortrabbit.de
Sat Feb 27 00:21:30 GMT 2010
i have restarted my DBIx::Class::Data::Validator project. Didnt find any
other current implementations (besides DBIx::Class::Validation which we
discussed back then) of this problem neither in this list nor on CPAN,
so i thought it might still be usefull..
Fusing Data::FormValidator with DBIx::Class for validation within in the
I use it in a Catalyst project of mine to perform validation centralized
(not in the controllers..).
How it works:
* Column validation: define validation constraints in the column definition
* Validation profiles: Use multiple named profiles for complex
* Native validation: validate data based on DBMS column datatypes..
* Validation classes: define your own, more complex types/classes and
* Runtime modification via named methods (declare name of to be used
method in model and the code for validation at runtime)
* More DBMS validation
* Better runtime modifications (works only on update, not update_all nor
create so far)
* more testing -> release on CPAN
There current preview can be downloaded here:
Some tests are included. More testing is very welcome. Some native
english speaker for (re)writing the documentation even more.
Greets from Berlin
More information about the DBIx-Class