[Dbix-class] Moose

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 18:07:06 GMT 2010

----- Original Message ----

I used to feel the same way about Fey, but I know several very smart people are
using it for production level work, so to a degree I feel more comfortable with
it.

> Anyway  sorry for the babble, is it possible with Moose and using
> DBIx::Class as the  underlying ORM engine to create something a la JPA?
> Or will it be possible  once DBIx::Class 0.09 series comes out and is
> more Moose-based?  I've  looked through the archives and on googling
> and haven't really seen any clear  approaches.

I know mst has been quietly working on a DBIC2 thing, which I am not certain
will fit your JPA like bill, but given the presentations and talks I've heard it
might be something even more interesting.

You also might want to look at KiokuDB, which integrates with DBIC and gives you
some ability to just declare stuff in Moose and get persistance, although its
not intended to be an ORM.  It does have a very active development community
around it.  You should take a look.