[Dbix-class] seeming error in Manual's CD db example

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Thu May 13 01:41:59 GMT 2010

Darren Duncan wrote:
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Class/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Example.pod

Generally speaking, I'm coming up with a number of clean-up ideas with the
above, where I mentioned one already, and here's another:

It seems that the terms 'album' and 'cd' are being used interchangeably, such
that the database table is called 'cd' but the hash its data comes from is
called 'album'.  Now, these are albums and not just cds, because they have names
and such.

I propose changing the example to call the table 'album', the class 'Album', and
so on.

Or alternately, rename the %albums hash to %cds, but I like the first idea more.

-- Darren Duncan

P.S.  This scrutiny is coming up because I'm translating that Example to another
language, and while I'm generally trying to be faithful to the original I am
also doing some cleanups on the way; I hope this may filter backwards.