[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader Can't use string error

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 28 08:49:36 GMT 2010

Oleg Kostyuk wrote:
> Typo in your schema definition?
>
> I think, you wrote somewhere "QD1x::Schema::Result::EntryAttri"
> instead of "QD1x::Schema::Result::EntryAttribute"
> Try:
>   grep -r "QD1x::Schema::Result::EntryAttri\\>" .

Err, no. I haven't written any schema definition (in the DBIx::Class
sense). The whole point of the code I'm running is to have
Schema::Loader produce such a schema from the existing database.

The mispelled name had me worried too but it appears from single
stepping to be some oddity of the crash reporting process rather than
the cause of the crash.

The immediate cause of the error is exactly as it reports.
DBIx::Class::Row is trying to dereference the string
"QD1x::Schema::Result::EntryAttribute" as though it were a hash
reference. I'm currently trying to find out why it's doing that.

So nobody's seen this before then?

Cheers, Dave