[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader Can't use string error

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 29 10:24:02 GMT 2010

Just to confirm that this problem is still present with DBIx::Class
0.08124.

I can also confirm that it really is a problem in
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader or one of its dependencies. I reproduced it
without any of my code at all:

$ dbicdump 'junk::schema'  'dbi:mysql:host=suse3;database=q_d_1'
Dumping manual schema for junk::schema to directory . ...
Schema dump completed.
Failed to reload class junk::schema::Result::EntryAttribute: Can't use
string ("junk::schema::Result::EntryAttri") as a HASH ref while "strict
refs" in use at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/DBIx/Class/Row.pm line 864.

But that still uses my fairly large schema :(

Unfortunately, I haven't yet reproduced it with a reasonably small
schema that makes it clear exactly where the problem is. A minimal
example doesn't show the problem. It's something to do with mishandling
of accessor name clashes but I'm not certain about the details yet.

Cheers, Dave