[Dbix-class] any factual comparisons of Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL ?

Dami Laurent (PJ) laurent.dami at justice.ge.ch
Wed Apr 13 15:52:53 GMT 2011

Hi there,

This is not a DBIC question, but since there are lots of database
administrators from various platforms on this list, I hope to find some
help.

I have an important database migration project, aiming at replacing an
old DBMS by something more up to date, for mission-critical
applications. We are still at a very early phase of the selection
process, but some of the requirements will be : high-availability ,
support for multi-values, fulltext search, data domains, inheritance,
CHECK constraints and triggers. The short list of candidate DBMS  is
likely to be Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL.

Question : do you know of some good sources of factual information that
could help us in the comparison process ?

Thanks in advance, Laurent Dami.