[Dbix-class] Module versioning

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:14:46 GMT 2011

From: "Robert Kinyon" rob.kinyon at gmail.com
> At $work, we build RPMs of the stuff we depend on. Then, we build RPMs of
> our stuff with dependencies on the RPMs we built of CPAN modules.
> Then, we have our own internal RPM repository that we deploy to prod
> from.
>
> That way, we control our upgrades, we know what we have where, and we
> don't worry about module $VERSION numbers.
>
> Rob

Hi Rob,

Do you know some pages with information about this process?

I am interested in:
- generate rpm and deb packages from CPAN packages;
- Find out if there are special problems in case of the modules that use XS code;
- create a local rpm/deb repository;
- information about the workflow in general, because there are few informations and comparisons among the workflow types.

Thanks.

Octavian