[Dbix-class] any factual comparisons of Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL ?

Eden Cardim edencardim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:39:14 GMT 2011

    Kaare> If you like to use the DBMS as a data store, MySQL is a very good choice. But
    Kaare> perhaps some of the "new" nosql bases (CouchDB, MongoDB, Redis, etc) could do
    Kaare> the same job better or faster.

No they can't, not the *same* job.

    Kaare> If you like the DBMS to do some work for you, PostgreSQL is the best Open
    Kaare> Source choice. Paying for it could bring you Oracle, DB2, SQL Server. With
    Kaare> PostgreSQL you could for example use Perl (or a lot of other languages) for
    Kaare> functions.

No-brainer here I think. Yes, I'd very much like all of the software
components I'm using to do as much work as possible for me, that way I
can deliver early.

--
   Eden Cardim       Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
  Code Monkey                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/