[Dbix-class] any factual comparisons of Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL ?

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Tue Apr 19 09:38:48 GMT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Kaare Rasmussen <kaare at jasonic.dk> wrote:
> My personal money is on PostgreSQL. It's gaining features fast (9.1 coming out
> RSN), and performance gets better for every release. Your choice may be
> different, though.

+1. I've used MySQL (and msql before that) for the last 12 or 13
years. I still use it on several projects. Properly configured (and
that means not using the default configuration), MySQL is great and
most if not all of the problems mentioned in this thread are solved.
It is a good tool with a vast and excellent community, and very very
good support options (like Percona) but it also has a lot of sharp
edges that can cut you if you make a mistake.

As soon as PostgreSQL native replication gets a bit more production
testing, I'll probably switch all the new project to it, and will
consider migrating some of the old ones too.

Bye,
--
Pedro Melo
http://www.simplicidade.org/