[Dbix-class] Can't find source in DBIx::Class::Schema::resultset()

Janne Snabb snabb at epipe.com
Fri Oct 7 14:35:53 GMT 2011

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011, tzacos at free.fr wrote:

> i'm new using DBIx::Class.

I was also very recently. After figuring it out it is very pleasant
apart from a couple of oddities.

> First question : why my table named regles (with a ending 's')
> gives me a pm file Regle.pm (without ending 's') ?

I got bitten by this also.

It is doing some magic with English language. I got around of this
simply by sticking with table names which do not end with "s". There
is probably some proper way to tell DBIx::Class that it should NOT
make an assumption that the table names are in English, but I have
not found it in documentation yet. Maybe someone else can give further
details on this?

Also it names some relations with added "s" in the end. So if I
have a one-to-many relation to table "sukat", the name of the
relation becomes "sukats" even though "sukat" is already in plural.
I do not know French, but the magic certainly does not work with
Finnish by default.

You can avoid all of this by defining your Schemas manually (i.e.
just dump them once, remove the "DO NOT EDIT" comments, format the
files nicely and name your classes, tables, columns and relations
how you like). It seems more reliable that way (you can create your
tables with "deploy" method based on the Perl class definitions).

> And i got the error:
>
> DBIx::Class::Schema::resultset(): Can't find source for Regle at ogs-import.pl line 15
>
> any help? regards

Your "use" statements do not match with the package names in the files.
Compare below.

In ogs-import.pl you have:

> use lib::OGS2::Schema;

But in Schema.pm you have:

> package OGS2::Schema;

You should write instead:

use lib 'lib';
use OGS2::Schema;

The same thing with the other "use":

> use lib::OGS2::Schema::Result::Regle;

But in Regle.pm the "s" logic has bitten you also:

> package OGS2::Schema::Result::Regles;

You should change the name of the file to Regles.pm and the
"use" line to match that:

use OGS2::Schema::Result::Regles;

...although actually you do not need that at all, because in Schema.pm
you have:

> __PACKAGE__->load_namespaces;

...which loads the Schema classes from the sub-directories already. You
still need to make all of them match: "Regles" or "Regle" but not
a mixture of both.

Just avoid the "s" at the end and you will be fine (until someone
gives a proper answer :).

--
Janne Snabb / EPIPE Communications
snabb at epipe.com - http://epipe.com/