[Dbix-class] Announcing DBIx::Class 0.08198

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Thu Aug 9 18:03:13 GMT 2012

Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Arthur Axel 'fREW' Schmidt <frioux at gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>>  They are in a branch called topic/prefetch_tests.  We do have *one*test, but it sounds like there may be other bugs, which is why I'd like to
>> get tests from you and eric :)
>>

> Again, I don't know what triggers the bug.  It appears to be related to a
> column named "source", because when I remove that one column the problem
> goes away.   Seems unlikely to me, but that's all I have.
>
> I was not able to duplicate in a DBIC unit test.

I have been able to trace the problem, or at least one problem. Bill,
Probably the column 'source' is the 17th in your database table. The
problem occurs when you have more than 16 columns. In fact it occurs if
the generated SQL statement queries more than 16 columns in the joined
table. I didn't have time to write a test, but that is exactly what
happens on my OSX system.
Bill, please check if you effectively have 17 columns in the table and
tell it to the list. That would make two of us to have the same problem
;)

Best
--
erik