[Dbix-class] Announcing DBIx::Class 0.08198

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Fri Aug 10 17:23:42 GMT 2012

I just installed 0.08198_01 and it seems to have solved all my failing
tests.   I'm installing in our developer environment for further testing,
but looks good so far.

I can continue to try and find a failing test for 0.08198, but it doesn't
seem like it's worth waiting when we know the current version on CPAN is
causing problems.

Thanks!

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Erik Colson <eco at ecocode.net> wrote:

> Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Erik Colson <eco at ecocode.net> wrote:
> >

> >> I have been able to trace the problem, or at least one problem. Bill,
> >> Probably the column 'source' is the 17th in your database table.
> >

> > 20th column for me.  Out of 22.
> >
> > I was able to reproduce with just this (which was still in my test
> setup):
> >
> > __PACKAGE__->add_columns( qw/ id source /);
> >
> > I will look again when I have some time in the next day or so when I can
> > focus on it again.
>
> hmmm... weird :/
>
> I've tried to make a test for DBIx::Class, adding columns to the Artist
> table. But the problem did not occur :/ May be it is related to the DBI
> backend which in my project is mysql and in the DBIx::Class test suite
> is sqlite ? It sounds unlikely, but I've not checked the internals of
> DBI and DBIx::Class, so just looking from my project side on this
> problem.
>
> As I can't reproduce the bug with the DBIx::Class test data suite, I'm
> thinking about sending a somehow narrowed project which should show the
> failure to this list.. Would that be helpfull ?
>
> best
> --
> erik

> Searchable Archive: